We’ve got a new colorful winter salad recipe for you today but we also wanted to bring back an old feature here on the blog that we call Big Love. Do you remember? Links to food, friends and stuff we have been enjoying lately.
BIG LOVE NOVEMBER
– I’ve been obsessed with harissa lately and this Rose Harissa is our favorite and their Apricot Harissa.
– Our friend Sara from Sprouted Kitchen runs a fantastic online Cooking Club that you can subscribe to and get weekly shoppings lists and recipes.
– I don’t think we will ever get tired of our Tahini Cookie Recipe.
– Elsa and Luise love these candles.
– Say what you will about Amazon but this Christmas ad was beautiful.
– Sophie who works in our test kitchen can’t wait for the next episode of The Undoing on HBO.
– Australian Food by Bill Granger makes me long for a trip to the Gold Coast to enjoy their beaches and good food. But flicking through this gorgeous book is the next best thing to a holiday these days.
– Luise collaborated with Cink this summer and launched a limited edition bamboo dinnerware box for toddlers. Makes a great Christmas gift!
– Love all these cups by ceramicist Erika Petersdotter. And for my birthday the kids had ordered a special made and super cute “World’s Greatest Dad” coffee cup from her.
– Bought two of these ramen bowls by ceramicist Ingrid Unsold the other day. But also love this plate.
– My tennis friend makes these cosy, pretty and naturally dyed Alpacka Wool Socks that keep our feet warm all winter.
– We spent this week packing and sending and new batch of vegetable tattoos. International post is extra slow during Covid but if you place your order this week we are packing and sending almost daily so hopefully they can still arrive in time for Christmas.
– We are obsessed with this licorice powder over porridge or peanut butter sandwiches.
– This podcast episode of The Food Show about Jewish food. Just listening to it feels nourishing.
– Sedir cooks beautiful and delicious food on instagram (in Swedish).
– If you are looking for Christmas gifts for a vegan friend, I recommend our B12 Berry Booster powder. It contains a high dose of easily absorbed B12 Vitamin and is addictively delicious. Eat it from the stick, spread it over your yogurt or stir into water.
– Luise has ordered this Elderberry Syrup from Pukka and contains Manuka honey and herbs.
On to the salad. We know that salad during the winter isn’t for everyone, but this is a nice break from all the stews, pasta dishes and tray bakes that we also make. It combines fresh with comforting and rich with colorful. We start with a base of satisfying (Elsa’s new favorite word) hummus, then toss kale, grapes and pretty looking beetroots in vinaigrette, top with warm roasted pumpkin and mushrooms and finish with spicy toasted seeds. It’s a real feast. If you don’t like hummus, you can just as well use yogurt or labneh in the bottom. Hope you enjoy it!
One last thing I wanted to mention is that we are starting a new cookalong series on my instagram page next week. I think we will post the recipes on here as well to so stay tuned!